Directio and proxy_cache

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Mon Jun 22 22:59:34 MSD 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 01:51:32PM -0500, Resicow wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have proxy_cache use directio? Will it listen to the
> directive?
>
> I want nginx to serve the content from the cache directly, without going
> through the linux page cache.

No, currently proxy_cache does not allow directio. I can say right now
the reason why, but you may try to control it by changing in
src/http/ngx_http_file_cache.c

    of.min_uses = clcf->open_file_cache_min_uses;
    of.events = clcf->open_file_cache_events;
-   of.directio = NGX_OPEN_FILE_DIRECTIO_OFF;
+   of.directio = clcf->directio;

    if (ngx_open_cached_file(clcf->open_file_cache, &c->file.name, &of, r->pool)

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/