macro functionality

Jools Wills buzz at
Fri Jun 26 16:52:04 MSD 2009

> Is it is easy to use mod_macro in apache?  You never really made that
> clear.

Sorry. I wrote "is it" instead of "it is". I mean't it is easy and I miss
this after moving to nginx.

> NginX prefers to make use of include where necessary, and it is more
> efficient with fully specified configurations.  Some people with very
> large or complicated configurations use makefiles or other scripts to
> generate configuration files.  This seems to work well for them!

I use includes, but I would like to pass parameters, so i could have a
simple "virtualhost" include that setup logfile defaults in certain
locations depending on some parameter? or can this be done somehow with

Best Regards

(Formerly known as Jools Smyth)