there is a mod_log_mysql equivalent in nginx?

mike mike503 at
Sun Mar 1 01:02:25 MSK 2009

Is a neat idea, but I would think with hundreds of requests per second
coming from what could be multiple servers that the syslog daemon
would eventually become so busy that you'd miss legitimate messages

I wonder if you could setup two syslog instances?

Right now I do this:

log_format traffic
access_log /var/log/nginx/traffic traffic;

Then I have a nightly cronjob which goes to each server, scps the file
locally, parses them and essentially combines them in the process
(since I have multiple webservers) and then can do statistics on them.
I actually don't load the entire thing into SQL either (I used to)

This is the script I run once a night at like 12:30am, it seems to
give me good enough metrics:

Ideally something like a syslog to catch all the servers might be even
better but I'm worried the load on a syslog daemon...