Weird problem

Jim Ohlstein jim.ohlstein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:04:59 MSK 2009

nginx.conf:

#user nginx;
worker_processes  8;

error_log  logs/error.log;

pid        logs/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
}

http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    server_tokens off;

    sendfile        on;
    tcp_nopush	    on;
    tcp_nodelay     on;

    server_names_hash_bucket_size    64;

    #keepalive_timeout  0;
    keepalive_timeout  70 20;

    gzip  on;
    gzip_comp_level 1; gzip_proxied any;
	gzip_types text/plain text/css application/x-javascript text/xml
application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

    server {
        listen      *:80;
        server_name  mars.jlkhosting.com;

        location / {
            root   html;
            index  index.php index.html index.htm;
        }

        error_page  404              /404.html;

        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
            root   html;
        }

        location ~ \.php$ {
            root           html;
            fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
            fastcgi_index  index.php;
            fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  /scripts$fastcgi_script_name;
            include        fastcgi_params;
        }

		location ~* \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|html)$ {
        	expires max;
		}

        location ~ /\.ht {
            deny  all;

include /usr/local/nginx/sites-enabled/*;
include /usr/local/nginx/conf/fastcgi_params;
}

Typical site config:

server {
listen vivid-tube.com:80;
server_name vivid-tube.com  *.vivid-tube.com;
index index.php index.html;
root /home/jim/vivid-tube.com/html;

location / {
error_page 404 = //index.php;

if ($host ~* www\.(.*)) {
  set $host_without_www $1;
  rewrite ^(.*)$ http://$host_without_www$1 permanent;
}

location ~ \.flv$ {
    flv;
}

location ~ .php$ {
fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
fastcgi_index index.php;
include /usr/local/nginx/conf/fastcgi_params;

Currently that domain is pointing to nginx doc root and you can confirm by
going to http://vivid-tube.com/phpinfo.php. You'll see that the php variable
"_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]" is "/usr/local/nginx/html/phpinfo.php". Earlier
that domain was pointing to another domain. Later it will point (hopefully)
where it should...

I've reloaded and restarted nginx and even rebooted the server. No luck.

Jim