grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:40:35 MSK 2009
On wto, mar 03, 2009 at 08:09:12 -0800, Roger Hoover wrote:
> For dynamically spawned processes, if someone were willing to write an nginx
> module to call supervisord's XML-RPC api, we'd have a complete,
> language-agnostic replacement solution for mod_fastcgi.
XMLRPC sounds evil ;) My checklist for required features looks like
below, how far is supervisord from meeting that?
- killing idle processes after some timeout (with a configurable
- static pool size management (keep 5 of those running at all times)
- dynamic pool size management (keep 1-5 running depending on load;
this will require congestion notifications from the web server, like
- process status notifications ("foo failed to run, what now?", with
some mildly intelligent retry logic) -- I need to alert an external
- easily generated configuration file
If supervisord can do that, I'd be willing to write an Nginx module to
interface with that, sometime in this millenium.
More information about the nginx