FCGI.pm ?

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:40:35 MSK 2009

On wto, mar 03, 2009 at 08:09:12 -0800, Roger Hoover wrote:
> For dynamically spawned processes, if someone were willing to write an nginx
> module to call supervisord's XML-RPC api, we'd have a complete,
> language-agnostic replacement solution for mod_fastcgi.

XMLRPC sounds evil ;) My checklist for required features looks like
below, how far is supervisord from meeting that?
 - killing idle processes after some timeout (with a configurable
   signal, preferably)
 - static pool size management (keep 5 of those running at all times)
 - dynamic pool size management (keep 1-5 running depending on load;
   this will require congestion notifications from the web server, like
   you said)
 - process status notifications ("foo failed to run, what now?", with
   some mildly intelligent retry logic) -- I need to alert an external
   entity somehow.
 - easily generated configuration file

If supervisord can do that, I'd be willing to write an Nginx module to
interface with that, sometime in this millenium.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek