md5 and sha1 lib - are they still needed?

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim at
Fri Mar 6 18:21:38 MSK 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim < at> wrote:
> according to an old (2006) message, they are not, but could we perhaps
> get an update on this?

ok, I guess the sha1 stuff isnt really needed (it's defined, but not
really used), although I'm not so sure about the md5 stuff... It looks
that way too - although it would be nice to get a confirmation...
Sorry that the previous message was a bit brief, but I was referring
to, which
is referred to by

In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."
    -- Andrew Fear, Software Product Manager, NVIDIA Corporation