spawn-fcgi-1.6.0rc1-r16 prerelease]

Jim Ohlstein jim.ohlstein at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 23:21:50 MSK 2009

The biggest problem is still that spawn-fcgi is known to crash and hang - separate issue, I know. There are lots of references on it. Consult Professor Google and you'll find many. I'd start with http://www.google.com/search?q=spawn-fcgi+crash and http://www.google.com/search?q=spawn-fcgi+hang. I haven't tried using it in a year or more. Perhaps it's improved in that regard but I'm reluctant to use it in a production environment when php-fpm is just about bullet-proof as it gets. Of course that assumes that development of php-fpm continues as it's presently a one man show AFAIK. Now I'm aware that this doesn't happen on every system but it happens a lot and it has happened to me.

Aside from that, even though fcgiwrap is capable of running several processes simultaneously, spawn-fcgi will only start one. I may be wrong but I believe that's an inherent limitation of spawn-fcgi's command options.