spawn-fcgi-1.6.0rc1-r16 prerelease]

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 01:10:14 MSK 2009

On nie, mar 08, 2009 at 12:17:57 -0800, mike wrote:
> So I can launch with a single command line
>
> spawn-fcgi -some -options some-other-cgi-stuff-than-php here
>
> and it will allow more than one concurrent connection?

Depends on what you run. It's none of spawn-fcgi's business, actually.
The FastCGI server you run may be a preforked PHP intepreter, a
single-process fcgiwrap, a multithreaded Python application or just
about anything else. It doesn't really have to speak FastCGI, either
(spawn-fcgi definitely does not care).

By the time your application is ready to accept its first request
spawn-fcgi is long gone and forgotten (it doesn't remain in memory to
manage the spawned process).

When I last looked at it, spawn-fcgi could only spawn a single process,
but that process is then free to do whatever it wishes, including
starting a pool of child processes and managing them (a'la php-fcgi or
new fcgiwrap).

> Do I have to do this 10 times:
> spawn-fcgi -a -b -c /usr/local/bin/fcgiwrap
>
> Or can I launch it just once with some parameters?

spawn-fcgi -s foo.sock -- /usr/local/bin/fcgiwrap -c 10

This is a fcgiwrap feature, spawn-fcgi has nothing to do with it, but
there's nothing preventing spawn-fcgi from implementing such a prefork
itself.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek