spawn-fcgi-1.6.0rc1-r16 prerelease]

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:25:58 MSK 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Grzegorz Nosek
<grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com> wrote:

> -C num is a fancy way of setting PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=num. spawn-fcgi simply
> passes the environment down to php-fcgi and does not care one bit for
> *any* PHP_* env. variables (-C is pure convenience).

All I'm saying is the statement was spawn-fcgi has nothing to do with
PHP. It does not in general but it does have built-in some PHP
helpers, so it was designed with PHP in mind.

> Have you seen the perl launcher for fcgiwrap on my website? It is
> (grossly simplifying) a drop-in replacement for spawn-fcgi and you could
> run php-fcgi behind it if you so wished.

I'm planning on trying the spawn-fcgi + fcgiwrap for CGI soon, and
stick with php-fpm for now for PHP...

> I guess you could try reporting it on the PHP bugtracker...

Wasn't a problem with PHP. Was some sort of issue with spawn-fcgi not
passing the environment variable or something. Running vanilla "php
-b" with the proper environment variables worked perfectly.

Yeah, this has got off topic for nginx.

Back to on topic would be discussing the easiest/cleanest way to run
CGI scripts under nginx, I'd prefer using spawn-fcgi rather than the
perl launcher I think. I need to give it a try when I have some time.