rewrite for javascript files.. again, fire on live site

Chris Cortese cortese.consulting at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:29:42 MSK 2009

Hello,

Somehow my rewrite for Javascript got broken again.  I've tried every
possible combination of things I can think of.  What I need is:

orig URL:  http://mysite.com/javascript/fileA.js,fileB.js,fileC.js

...becomes...

dest URL:
http://mysite.com/combine.php?type=javascript&files=fileAjs.,fileB.js,fileC.js

So this is the latest variation I've tried, with the new nginx 0.7.40:

 location ^/javascript/(.*)$ {
    fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:10005;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
/home/fugbert/www/live/escort-space/trunk/html/public/combine.php?type=javascript&files=$1;
    fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING      q=$request_uri;
    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
  }

** in fastcgi_params, I have the defaults except I commented out
QUERY_STRING line.

The error I'm getting is undefined index "type" which tells me that the
$_GET array is not available to combine.php.

This is hurting a live site.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Chris