rewrite for javascript files.. again, fire on live site

Chris Cortese at
Tue Mar 10 21:29:42 MSK 2009

Somehow my rewrite for Javascript got broken again.  I've tried every
possible combination of things I can think of.  What I need is:

orig URL:,fileB.js,fileC.js

dest URL:,fileB.js,fileC.js

So this is the latest variation I've tried, with the new nginx 0.7.40:

 location ^/javascript/(.*)$ {
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
    fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING      q=$request_uri;
    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;

** in fastcgi_params, I have the defaults except I commented out

The error I'm getting is undefined index "type" which tells me that the
$_GET array is not available to combine.php.

This is hurting a live site.

Thanks in advance for your help,