Nginx - Google Summer of Code ideas

C. codestr0m at osunix.org
Tue Mar 10 21:54:30 MSK 2009

mike wrote:
> should also note
>
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:01 AM, mike <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> oh, i've got a nice little wishlist going ;)
>
>>> 1) Would anyone be willing to mentor a student?
>
> igor (of course), maxim, valery all seem to be pretty good hackers.
> but probably don't have time.
>
> this would be neat because we'd have more nginx module/code hackers
> trained for future bug fixing/features/modules...

Hi Mike

yes exactly my point!

I have a rather lengthy write-up on some ideas about dtrace,
communication layer and near real time algorithm adjustments for
balancing a large cluster.

If you or any of the possible mentors are on irc I think this will 1)
make it easier to balance mentoring and 2) speed up communication for
planning.  Also feel free to email me off list so we can speed up
planning and cause less list noise.

./Christopher