Nginx - Google Summer of Code ideas

张立冰 zhang.libing at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:23:58 MSK 2009

Hi,Huy Phan.

 Wow, we did the same job. [?]

2. When the request is valid (the token is exist), it returns 404, and then
> internal redirect to the 'real' place => If someone knows the url of real
> place,
> he can access without any authentication.

Yes, I hook the http status 404, and redirect to the 'real' place at the
backend. BUT this place must be placed at intranet or the same server, just
like 127.0.0.1.And that is the trust environment. ^_^

I have placed a simple conf at this page.(
http://www.libing.name/2009/03/11/nginx-token-module.html).

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/10008
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/10379

I have checked those two posts.It seems you want a module to do the access
check job for media files.(/v/empty.flv?token=1234).
And I think there is no need memcached to store the check token. Maybe you
can work with http access key
module<http://www.nginx-community.org/NginxHttpAccessKeyModule>
and mod_parsed_vars <http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_parsed_vars>to
generate dynamic token with COOKIE/GET/POST vars. Just like sessionid.And
that is betteeeer than work with memcached.

--
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time!