New wiki

Jim Ohlstein jim.ohlstein at
Fri Mar 13 00:02:17 MSK 2009

Extremely valid concern. However, this is a growing community. Forcing one
method of interaction/learning on all is a detriment to growth. That's the
"do it my way or no way" approach.

Most projects, as they grow, do have forums. It is a form of communication
preferred by many people. This is a fact, and as nginx is  continues to grow
in popularity it is bound to happen.

Working on an integration with the mailing list is something that I am
willing to contribute to financially, but my php is not strong enough to do
it myself.

Any takers?

From: owner-nginx at [mailto:owner-nginx at] On Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:47 PM
To: nginx at
Subject: Re: New wiki

There is a lot more that can be done about integration of mailing list,
forum, and wiki if they are all local to each other (I am considering
mailing list local by where it is interacted with).  As such, if we are
going to risk splintering things with a forum (because it is a very valid
concern).  I think the idea to replicate across them is a good idea and will
be the only way to help keep everything together and organized.  Of course,
the benefit to having them not on the same server is that if the forum or
the wiki is down, the other will be up, but this is what local mailing list
emails solve :).

- Merlin