New wiki

C. codestr0m at
Fri Mar 13 00:33:22 MSK 2009

Jim Ohlstein wrote:
> Extremely valid concern. However, this is a growing community. Forcing
> one method of interaction/learning on all is a detriment to growth.
> That’s the “do it my way or no way” approach.
> Most projects, as they grow, do have forums. It is a form of
> communication preferred by many people. This is a fact, and as nginx is
>  continues to grow in popularity it is bound to happen.
> Working on an integration with the mailing list is something that I am
> willing to contribute to financially, but my php is not strong enough to
> do it myself.

I wasn't going to comment on this, but jive software has built a whole
one-stop-shop community platform.  (integrates ml with forums.. etc..)
We (OSUNIX community) were granted a developer license and even though I
doubt it would be the preferred solution I'd happily host the nginx
community.  The current limitation to this being that ml + forums won't
be synced until we're self hosting the smtp stuff.  The guys/gals at
jivesofter are great, but I know the sticky point is mostly that many
projects/people don't like to use non-foss stuff.  (JIRA being another
example which is great, but not foss.)  Just thought I'd toss some extra
ideas out there instead of more php spaghetti encumbering the world.