Emulate mod_auth_mysql in nginx?

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Mar 16 15:19:20 MSK 2009

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> [...]
>> If you really want to use a database as a backend, you should use
>> PostgreSQL, since libpq offer an async interface; and you should use a
>> stored procedure for the authentication.
>
> Yes, you right. However, I have almost ready async mysql interface for nginx,
> that can be used here.

Written from scratch, implementing the MySQL wire protocol?

By the way, after having implemented a pure PostgreSQL client in Python,
I tried to do the same with MySQL; but protocol design is very bad,
compared to PostgreSQL, so I gave up; it does not make sense to waste
time with MySQL, IMHO,

Manlio