nginx init script for redhat (rhel5)

mike mike503 at
Tue Mar 17 20:23:45 MSK 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Jean-Philippe Moal
<skateinmars at> wrote:

> You can use debian/ubuntu one :
> It works fine for me with a "custom" nginx install, you just have to edit the
> path to the daemon and if necessary add a var for the PID file.

I might give it a shot. I think I'd rather port Cliff's. It does a
config test on start/reload/restart, which is neat.

I'm actually using one almost identical to yours except yours has "||
true" at the end of each line:

--exec $DAEMON -- $DAEMON_OPTS || true

So I don't think it will be much different.

Or, if someone else on the list wants to take Cliff's and port it to
Ubuntu using start-stop-daemon (ideally) I'll Paypal you some cash.

(Note: payment will be done after I test it thoroughly for all
functionality in place :))