nginx-0.7.42

Merlin merlin at mahalo.com
Tue Mar 17 21:35:40 MSK 2009

I would guess that it will be stable when Igor releases 0.8.x.

However, did PHP fastcgi recently break? I am referring to the incorrect
server name as 0.0.0.0 - maybe it isn't broken, just saying, perhaps
possible issues like this is why.  Also, more importantly, new features have
been introduced that are still going through iterations (the try_files
directive, specifically).  Generally, this is what staves off
"stable-ness".  This is why debian packages are so old in the stable branch,
btw - they do not update package versions or add new packages except for
security concerns - this is what makes it stable (rarely changing), as
opposed to volatile (often changing) system.

That said, many of us use the development branch in production, as really a
recompile of the binary is no problem when you can switch the processes with
zero downtime :).  NginX is one of the better programs out there to have on
the cutting edge; Igore is from what I've seen very careful in what he adds
or changes and it always seems to be improving, with fewer bugs being
introduced than fixed (which is awesome!).

- Merlin