Help- can't see subdirectories for static content location

Carlos equalium at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:07:24 MSK 2009

I got it!!!

I had misunderstood the location /media/ function.

I thought that /media/ was a virtual name for the root string.
I see that in fact /media/ is a directory that must exist in the root.

What confused me was that in fact, trying and trying, I had created a media
folder and copied one html file into it but I forgot about that. So, I
thougth that I was seeing only that html from the /static/ dir while I was
seeing the copy at /static/media/.

Anyway this silly thing has helped me to understand nginx and its
configuration a little better.

Thank you and best wishes.