nginx-0.7.55

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sat May 9 13:15:40 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 07:16:27PM -0400, kevinmkilbride wrote:

> There appears to be a bug in 0.7.55 (as well as 0.7.54, and perhaps others) when serving .flv files.
>
> Connections never free. If you look at the stub_status page, the list of writers increases without limit. On a completely idle machine, connections that use the flv module are permanently added to the "writing" list, no matter how long it has been since the connection was closed; connections that do not use the flv module increment the other connection counters, as expected, but do not create lingering "ghost writers."

Could you please try this patch?
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.russian/24085

Flv module shouldn't be the problem since it doesn't increment
connection counters by itself, but typical usage pattern for flv
may trigger the issue described in the above patch (especially
combined with limit_rate functionality, not sure if you use it).

Maxim Dounin