reverse proxy vs. stand-alone

jemari nginx-forum at
Sun May 17 02:59:58 MSD 2009

Thanks to everyone for taking your time in replying.

My question was asked my Igor: how about the FastCGI php processes? Would the difference be really that significant if nginx is serving all non-php requests? In which case, apache doesn't need many modules?

Cliff Wells Wrote:
> I converted a Joomla site from Apache/mod_php to
> Nginx/FastCGI and went
> from constantly consuming the full 256MB (and
> crashing the VPS) to using
> only around 20MB of RAM.

was your joomla site using nginx proxy before you converted to Nginx/FastCGI?