Full SVN support

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 00:11:55 MSD 2009

2009/5/25 Johan Bergström <johan at bergstroem.nu>:

> Why involve a http stack at all when svn or svn+ssh can handle this for you?
> Point is: No software covers your individual need, thats why you use more
> than one application.

There are certain programs that work better with svn over http, I do
not believe Eclipse easily works using svn+ssh, especially when it
comes to complicated firewall setups.

More applications creates more maintenance and administration. More
points for failure. etc. Installing Apache, it's libraries and it's
memory footprint and such just for SVN is annoying, and all of us
would prefer to keep our software stack as slim as possible. I'm not
asking nginx to make me a cup of coffee, I just think someone should
be able to extend it enough to handle the missing components so it can
be used (optionally, as a module of course) into nginx.

> If people are _desperate_ for this, I can't see any issues with paying for a
> patch?

I've already put forth funds for some other nginx modules, and it
comes from my own pocket. Currently I am funding a module for
SPNEGO/Kerberos/GSSAPI support so nginx can be adopted inside of
enterprises with IE/Firefox single sign-on domain authentication
support.