Why does this URL result in a 400 (Bad Request) error?

John Moore john at jmsd.co.uk
Wed Nov 4 13:45:24 MSK 2009

Igor Sysoev wrote:

> Probably, you set proxy_pass inside "if" block. Could you should this
> configuration part ? I think it can be rewritten without "if".

No, it's not inside an if block. Basically this is how it's configured:

In nginx.conf:

        location / {
             include /etc/nginx/proxy.conf;
        }

proxy.conf:

    proxy_pass         http://backend;
    proxy_pass_header Server;
    proxy_redirect     off;

    proxy_set_header   Host             $host;
    proxy_set_header   Original-Host  $host;
    proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;
    proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For  $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    proxy_set_header   Original-Scheme  $scheme;

    client_max_body_size       10m;
    client_body_buffer_size    128k;

    proxy_connect_timeout      90;
    proxy_send_timeout         90;