Clang scan-build output

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Thu Nov 5 05:08:37 MSK 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 02:59:01PM -0800, Akins, Brian wrote:

> Output from the clang static analyzer ( )
> for nginx-0.7.63

Intresting, thanks.  I've played with clang a bit, but haven't
tried it's static analyzer yet.  This one:

seems to be real bug (though really rare one, may happen only on
low memory conditions during configuration parsing and only when
close() call returned error for some reason).

Unfortunately others looks like false positives.  I've tried it on
debug build and this eliminated some dead assignments reported,
but introduced null pointer dereference false positives in code
working with queues.  Probably adding some assert()'s will make
nginx's code a bit more analyzer friendly...

Maxim Dounin