Module Question

gerryw nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Nov 9 22:12:23 MSK 2009

Hello All,

I'm considering writing a module that would provide javascript as a backend development language. I would like to get some advice on the best way to implement this. I was considering using a thread pool/queue combination to load and run scripts.

For example:

1. Initialize thread pool/queue on first run and stash pointer in module specific storage
2. Receive request
3. Queue request (queuing request wakes up thread to process)
4. Module returns
5. Thread sends response when processing is completed.

Note: threads take care of javasript related activities (ie; load, run, etc.).

Does this sound like a workable solution?

Thanks,
-G

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,21573,21573#msg-21573