Best way to use PHP with nginx?

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at
Fri Nov 13 16:51:43 MSK 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 13:45, John Moore <grails at> wrote:
> I have come across a handful of different methods detailed on the Internet
> for getting PHP running with nginx, but haven't come across the 'definitive'
> version. What method do the regular nginx users on here favour?

Did you search? You'll need a FastCGI daemon or you can proxy it to
apache's mod_php or something else. There's no definite method, so
it's your pick. On Debian the php-cgi package serves me just fine.

()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail