Best way to use PHP with nginx?

Momchil Ivanov slogster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:18:40 MSK 2009

На петък 13 ноември 2009 16:28:57 Jérôme Loyet написа:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a php-fastcgi process launcher and controller at the same time ?
> Because php-fastcgi or spwan-fcgi just launches N php children, N constant.
> I'm looking for a way to spawn fastcgi process depending on the number
> of concurent requests ... has anyone heard about something like that ?

The simplest approach would be to just hack the php code that starts N
children processes and somehow control that N, here is an example [1]. There
is a more complicated approach, that of php-fpm, it can do a lot more than
just launch N processes. What it still cannot do (as of my knowledge, but that
might have changed) is to dynamically control that N number. If you give them
some money, maybe they will fix that part soon.

1: http://xaxo.eu/en/patches_php-ctrlfifo.html

Momchil