Set Incoming Request Headers (similar to mod_headers)

agentzh agentzh at
Wed Nov 18 10:58:23 MSK 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:39 AM, W. Andrew Loe III <andrew at> wrote:
> I am trying to emulate an Apache mod_headers feature
> (

Oh, I've just hacked in the request header support to my
ngx_headers_more module:

> I would like to set some headers before my content handler is run.
> Specifically SSL related headers that I would like set before my
> Passenger process picks up the request. I could do this with
> proxy_set_header, but I am not proxying, the request is being picked
> up and executed by Passenger.

The "proxy" module should not be used here because "proxy" is a
content handler per se (just a little special in that it's also an
upstream module) and your have your own content handler (passenger
here) :)

Can you try out the "more_set_input_headers" directive provided by the
"headers more" module?