Which version to use?

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Mon Nov 23 15:39:08 MSK 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:29:34AM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

> Thanks for providing this great piece of software: nginx.
>
> I'm successfully running 0.6.35 at my site with the [1]syslog patch.
> Today I noticed there was several major new versions, 0.7.x and 0.8.x
> and searched for a list of major changes with no luck.  I'm sticking
> to 0.6.x as this is the major version provided by Debian and Ubuntu on
> stable dists, but I'm looking to upgrade.
>
> Where can I find a summary of major changes in the 0.7 and 0.8 series?
>  Can you point me to a brief comparison between 0.6 and 0.7/0.8?

New 0.8 features:

    *) caching of proxied and FastCGI servers;
    *) file AIO support on FreeBSD and Linux;
    *) named captures in regular expressions;
    *) listening on unix sockets;
    *) SSL CRL;

New 0.7 features:

    *) caching of proxied and FastCGI servers;
    *) "try_files" directive;
    *) the "location" and "server_name" directives support captures
       in regular expressions;
    *) XLST and image filters;
    *) a preliminary IPv6 support;
    *) nginx/Windows.