Accessing backend response using nginx' Perl module

Srebrenko Sehic ssehic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:07:13 MSD 2009

Hi,

I have a simple reverse proxy setup where a Perl module does some
processing on the request and then forwards the request via the proxy
module using an internal_redirect method. I also need to adjust the
response from the backend. This includes the headers and body.

I looked at the nginx.xs and ngx_http_perl_module.c but could not see
how it could be done (I'm still pretty new to nginx so bear with me).
I guess an output filter hook needs to written and the API exposed to
the Perl module in some way.

Thanks,
Srebrenko