Nginx and plesk 8.6 on Mediatemple VPS

Niro nginx-forum at
Thu Oct 8 16:30:23 MSD 2009

I have a web service running on Mediatemple VPS with the following configuration: Centos 5/ Plesk 8.6 /Apache 2 /Php 5.2.6 / Mysql 5.x.x/ APC / Memcached.

I want to add nginx as reverse proxy and cache. I heard that it has problems running with Plesk since Plesk can rewrite the apache configuration files and change its port back to 80 (the nginx port).

Did anyone install this configuration? How can I solve the issue above? What other problems I may face? Please share your experience, what are the pitfalls? Any tutorial I can use?