What does error 24 mean? Also how does nginx handle the Slowloris tool?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Oct 14 16:08:27 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 07:17:36AM -0400, gunblad3 wrote:

> Thanks Maxim, that's the most informative info on this I've seen so far :)
>
> What I meant by my third question was: where/how does nginx cache incomplete requests that are "still being sent" from the client(, if it does so in the first place)?  In memory?

"Incomplete" requests are pretty normal - you can't expect that
single read() from socket will return you full request.  To store
data that has been already read nginx uses either in-memory
buffers or disk buffers (for large request bodies).

The following configuration directives are available to fine-tune
buffers used:

http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpCoreModule#client_header_buffer_size
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpCoreModule#large_client_header_buffers
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpCoreModule#client_body_buffer_size