Configuration options

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Oct 15 18:34:45 MSD 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:38:37PM +0800, 任晓磊 wrote:

> 2009/10/14 Igor Sysoev <igor at sysoev.ru>:
> >> 6) How does disabling HTTP cache (--without-http-cache) affect any other HTTP related module?
> >
> > You will not be able to cache proxy and FastCGI responses. That is all.
> What're the differences between HTTP cache (the --without-http-cache
> option of configure) and the 3rd party module named 'ncache' ?

I do not know ncache functionality, but can say about http cache:

*) it allows to cache proxied and FastCGI responses with header;
*) the cached responses may depend on Cookies, IPs, etc.;
*) caches are special directory hierarchies, you may use several caches in
   a server;
*) cache manager process deletes inactive cache entries and manages
   cache size.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/