RPC over HTTPS

meszi nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Oct 17 12:40:56 MSD 2009

Ok, I guess I'll keep SSL turned on on the SBS. I want to use Nginx on the gateway to serve the internal SBS externally but without exposing its IIS to the internet. The SBS shall serve internally using SSL - so the traffic is encrypted in-house also.

I will try with both, with different SSL certs and the same. Let's see if the setup requires the same SSL certs on both machines.

Regarding the CPU consumption: At the moment even the 500MHz machine "idles around". X is turned off and just a few other services are running: SMTP to receive email from outside, a FTP proxy service and SSH. And Nginx. That's it.

Thanks very much for your help up to now. :-)

CU,
Mészi.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,3511,14505#msg-14505