Weird Memleak problem

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Tue Sep 1 00:37:19 MSD 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 04:17:03PM -0400, Paul wrote:

> I know, but this problem has never occured until recently.. Once the
> request is done, it should remove the memory allocation, but it looks
> like maybe it isn't?

No. These workers run since Aug 7 and handle up to 3,800r/s:

ps ax -o pid,ppid,%cpu,vsz,wchan,start,command|egrep '(nginx|PID)'
  PID  PPID %CPU   VSZ WCHAN  STARTED COMMAND
42412 51429 16.7 372452 kqread  7Aug09 nginx: worker process (nginx)
42413 51429 18.2 372452 kqread  7Aug09 nginx: worker process (nginx)
42414 51429  0.0 291556 kqread  7Aug09 nginx: cache manager process (nginx)
51429     1  0.0 291556 pause  28Jul09 nginx: master process /usr/local/nginx/ng

> The only difference in a month ago and now is that we have more server
> entries, and more requests per second.  It used to not even use a gig of
> ram doing 200 requests/sec and now it keeps using more and more ram
> until it fills the entire ram and swap and errors out 8gb+ ..
> What would you suggest?

Just 250 simultaneous proxied connections take 8G. And 250 connections
are too little in modern world. Why at all you have set up so huge buffers ?

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/