Conflicting server name - i don't understand

ktm nginx-forum at
Wed Sep 2 01:10:04 MSD 2009

Hi, i have a strange problem, I configured two vhosts files but when i start nginx it gives the following error although the two vhosts are configured correctly, almost identical (except domain names). When I remove one vhost everything is ok. In both vhosts file server name is set, i don't understand what kind of conflicting server name could possibly be. I also added this to one of the vhost, no change whatsoever, the same errro appears

server {
         server_name  _;  #default
         return 444;

Starting nginx: : conflicting server name "ubuntu" on, ignored

Maybe i'm missing something, i don't know