[emerg]: invalid parameter "backup" error on Ubuntu

stefancaunter nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 8 17:18:25 MSD 2009

I am running 0.8.14 on Ubuntu (compiled from source with openssl).

Desired result is static cache as backup for dynamic asp webapp. Cache builds nicely, serves fine on or unix socket, however when I attempt to manage weights and also specify that is backup I get:

: invalid parameter "backup"

This works fine -

 upstream backend {
                server web2-1.example.com;
                server web2-2.example.com down;
                server web2-3.example.com;
                server web2-4.example.com;

but I cannot add "weight", "max_fails" or "backup". Am I missing a module? Note that I am unable to compile in nginx_upstream_hash-0.3  so far.

Stefan Caunter

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,5960,5960#msg-5960