Multiple rails apps on different ports w/ Apache/Passenger

Paul Hamann lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Sep 9 02:31:10 MSD 2009

Hi there.  This thread is the closest to what I'm trying to do.

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/132408#new

I have three rails apps on one machine with Apache2/Passenger/REE.  I
want them available at www.example.com/app1 and so on.  I'm trying to
avoid www.example.com:8080 , 8081, 8082, etc. for various reasons.  I'd
like to avoid going the Apache2 mod_rewrite route.  Also, I plan to take
advantage of additional Nginx features after I get this working.  For
example, I'd like Nginx to serve the static.

I've got some experience with Nginx -- but not a lot.  I would really
appreciate a few pointers -- it's been challenging.

Thanks! P