nginx KeepAlive

sameer nginx-forum at
Wed Sep 9 13:04:44 MSD 2009

I am using nginx to proxy requests to Apache. In our current setup the request flow is as follows.

Akamai -> Load Balancer(Layer4) ->nginx -> Apache

I am in the process of converting a cluster to this setup. The issue is whenever an nginx machine is introduced in a cluster of non-nginx machines all the connections are redirected to nginx. The machine can handle the load but for resilience I want equal distribution of requests.

Using nginx as a load balancer is not a feasible option because we often add and remove machines from the cluster for maintenance.

I suspect it being a KeepAlive issue. How can I disable keep alive in nginx?