HEAD and Nginx nginx-0.6.36-1.el5

xmichielx nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Sep 14 18:21:42 MSD 2009

I tried to configure proxy_redirect but still got the 404.
This is my nginx.conf:
server {
        listen       80;
        server_name  _;

location / {
     #       proxy_redirect     on;
            proxy_redirect     /   /;

            proxy_set_header   Host             $host;
            proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For  $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
      proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;

        client_max_body_size       2g;
        client_body_buffer_size    128k;

        proxy_connect_timeout      90;
        proxy_send_timeout         90;
        proxy_read_timeout         90;

        proxy_buffer_size          4k;
        proxy_buffers              4 32k;
        proxy_busy_buffers_size    64k;
        proxy_temp_file_write_size 64k;

This my httpd.conf:

    ServerAdmin webmaster at myce.nl
    CustomLog logs/css-proxy-access.log combined
    DocumentRoot /var/www/www.staging.myler.nl/web-docs
    ProxyPass / http://www.staging.myler.nl/

But still not working :(
I have disabled on other nginx + apache hosts the proxy_redirect and is working but do I understand that I have to enable it for HEAD requests?
And what am I missing that it still isn't working when I enable the proxy_redirect?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,6366,6905#msg-6905