Setting a cookie from the webserver level like apache2 and mod_rewrite can.

David Taveras d3taveras38d3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:11:35 MSD 2009

Hello,

We are evaluating migrating to nginx from apache2 with mod_rewrite.
Currently we have something like this in apache2 .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [CO=%1:%2:.ourdomain.com,R=301]
RewriteRule (.*) $1? [R=301,L]

Is there any possible way that nginx with its modules can do something
similar?  Yes i do understand that html and php this can be done but we are
looking for a way to do it within the webserver before it actually reaches a
file.

Thank you

David