Bug? Closing upstream fastcgi requests on 0.8.15/0.7.62

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Tue Sep 15 15:44:41 MSD 2009

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> I'm seeing a massive spike of nginx connections in read state, which appears
> to be related to fastcgi upstream connections [1]. Usually I'll have 0.6 avg
> and ~25 max connections in read state, but with 0.8.15/0.7.62 I've seen 34.0
> avg and 52.4 max... and it looks like my fastcgi upstream doesn't like that
> very much. ;-)

Ouch, looks like I spoke too soon -- it's happening again without fastcgi in
active use. Here's what the connections in read state chart looks like:

  http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/2009/nginx-0.7.62-connread.png

There *could* be a slight lagging correlation with the active connections
chart, showing spikes of connections left in the read state about a minute
after similar spikes in active connections... but it's definitely not a
one-to-one relationship, even excluding the static files being served.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2010: Wellington, NZ                http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

                   No match for "LINUSWEARSTHEPANTS.ORG".