SCRIPT_FILENAME relative or absolute

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Sep 17 08:58:01 MSD 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 02:59:19AM +0500, Ziyad Saeed wrote:

> so Igor should i use relative or absolute path for script_filename and root

This is depends on your needs.

BTW, $script_filename is used in path for FastCGI process and
1) it may be native Win32 binary,
2) it may be Cygwin binary using own pathes,
3) it may be even on another host, and the host may be Unix one.

> 2009/9/16 Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru>
>
> > On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:27:27PM +0500, Ziyad Saeed wrote:
> >
> > > I have seen nginx.conf for linux systems and they start with a / which
> > means
> > > its an absolute path.
> > > For windows, is it absolute or relative.
> > > same goes for the root directive is it absolute path or relative path
> >
> > In nginx/Windows
> > *) "c:/..." is absolute path,
> > *) "/..." is path relative path to drive where nginx was started,
> > *) anything else is path relative to directory where nginx was started.

A correction: path relative to
1) drive or directory set in the "-p" switch,
2) drive or directory where nginx was started.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/