proxy_pass: invalid number of arguments

metra nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Sep 18 22:15:49 MSD 2009

Я тоже (слабо) говорю по руски.

I'm on Debian, setting up nginx to serve media and pass the django requests to apache on port 8080.

I successfully set up apache with django before, but when I introduced nginx it all fell apart.

So I'm getting this error when I tried to start nginx

**Starting nginx: 2009/09/18 13:46:11  10689#0: invalid number of arguments in "proxy_pass" directive in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/#{mydomain}.com#:8
nginx.**

Here is the {mydomain}.com file with the error:

       upstream backend {
                  server 127.0.0.1:8080;
    }

        server {
                  listen 80;
                  server_name www.mydomain.com mydomain.com;
                  access_log path to my access log;
                  error_log path to my error log;

                  location / {
                  proxy_pass      http://backend;
                  include /etc/nginx/proxy.conf;
                  }

                  location /media/ {
                  root /home/path to my project;

Do you guys have any idea what could be wrong? Should I provide more files? Should I start over from scratch?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,7735,7735#msg-7735