HEAD and Nginx nginx-0.6.36-1.el5

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Mon Sep 21 14:46:58 MSD 2009

On Monday, September 21, 2009 at 12:10:16, xmichielx wrote:

x> But how can I check with curl the Apache settings
x> and with HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 diffirence?

=================================

$ man curl | grep -a2 "HTTP 1.0"

       -0/--http1.0
              (HTTP)  Forces curl to issue its requests using HTTP 1.0 instead
              of using its internally preferred: HTTP 1.1.

=================================

use curl with and without -0 parameter, for generating HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 requests.

how make HEAD request instead GET one you also may read in curl man page / documentation.

x> And after that you want me to do the same tests with curl with Nginx in front of Apache?

I am sure, bug with HEAD requests not in nginx, but in your backend.
first debug apache, and achieve expected work in all four cases:

make direct request to 80 port and 81 port of apache,
*don't using nginx at all* and see - it work as expected or not.

for all four requests ( HTTP/1.1 or HTTP/1.0 ) x ( port 80 or port 81 )
use only curl, not web browser. after such debug situation must be clear.

--
Best regards,
 Gena