Resize & cache image from 3rd-party server?

digitala nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 22 02:06:09 MSD 2009

Is it possible to obtain an image from a remote http server, resize it locally, and cache it locally using just nginx? I understand this would be possible using the perl module (maybe forking perl so nginx doesn't block), but I'm assuming it would be faster for nginx to do it "natively".

If the better route *is* perl, I'd still like to know if/how it could be done using just nginx - mainly as it will help my (and hopefully others) understanding of the nginx internals.

Thanks!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,8246,8246#msg-8246