Lots of 2009/09/27 00:49:21 [alert] 22383#0: accept() failed (24: Too many open files)

Payam Chychi pchychi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:48:47 MSD 2009

odd, you shouldent unless there is a bug with cent os. I recently came
across an issiue where when writing/creating files on the disk
resulted in a hault like condition on centOS, as if the system was
hitting the open file limits. I tested the same hardware and exact
setup with deviant and the issiue went away... I could rwpliate the
issiue on demand. also, I know that centos has a bug in the way files
are written to disk, I'm no expert but if you google centOS slow HD
performance you'll see it

one thing you can do is install/run 'dstat' it will show you all I/O
of disk and network/CPU calls

Regards,
--
Payam Tarverdyan Chychi