Serve satic media for Django + Apche (mod_wsgi)

RockyEx nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Apr 10 21:15:50 MSD 2010

I'm trying to serve my static media for a Django application that is hosted on Apache 2.2, I'm totally new to nginx and have some issues of doing it, here's my nginx.conf

server {
        listen       8888;
        server_name  staticm;

        #charset koi8-r;

        #access_log  logs/host.access.log  main;

	  location /templates/ {
    		alias /sites/testproject/testapplication/;
    		expires max;
        }

        #error_page  404              /404.html;

        # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
        #
        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
            root   html;
        }

        # proxy the PHP scripts to Apache listening on 127.0.0.1:80
        #
        #location ~ \.php$ {
        #    proxy_pass   http://127.0.0.1;
        #}

        # pass the PHP scripts to FastCGI server listening on 127.0.0.1:9000
        #
        #location ~ \.php$ {
        #    root           html;
        #    fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
        #    fastcgi_index  index.php;
        #    fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  /scripts$fastcgi_script_name;
        #    include        fastcgi_params;
        #}

        # deny access to .htaccess files, if Apache's document root
        # concurs with nginx's one
        #
        #location ~ /\.ht {
        #    deny  all;
        #}
    }

I have 3 questions..

[*] Where do I put the static media (sites/testproject/testapplication/) on Apache root or nginx root.
[*] How to configure the setting in Apache side
[*] How to access the static media, can it be accessed on browser by giving the url

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,73512,73512#msg-73512