auth_basic restricted files with php

clinisbud nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Apr 12 18:25:57 MSD 2010

Hi,

I've read a lot of threads (like this ) but I can't solve my problem. It's my first day working with nginx, so I'm a really newbie.

Here is a part of my nginx.conf

server {

listen          80;
server_name myserver.es;

 location ~* /apc {
            root /usr/local/nginx/htdocs/;
            auth_basic  "Restricted";
            auth_basic_user_file  /usr/local/nginx/htdocs/.htpasswd;
#           rewrite ^/apc($|/.*) $1 break;
        }

 location ~.\.php$ {
            fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
            fastcgi_index  index.php;
            fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  /usr/local/nginx/htdocs$fastcgi_script_name;
            include        /usr/local/nginx/conf/fastcgi_params;
        }

When I load in my browser myserver.es/apc.php the password for Restricted is requestes, so I introduce it. But then the browser does not load php, it shows the php in the browser. If I open myserver.es/index.php it's loaded properly, as other php files in my directory.

Any help? It woul be very apreciated :-)

Thank you in advance

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,74117,74117#msg-74117