nginx, good for low-latency service on LAN?
mh at pixar.com
Tue Apr 13 23:47:32 MSD 2010
nginx noob here... can I ask for a
I'm putting together a network metadata server to service
a large render farm. My basic specs:
- the requests are simple: basically mapping a path-like
string to a string of metadata:
version_id("/foo/bar/baz") --> "17"
- processing is fast: the cache will consist of
in-memory dictionaries, and the processing is
nothing more than looking up keys in the dictionary
and returning the associated values.
- load is very high: this will be hit by lots of
machines doing image rendering.
- I would like to code this in python if feasible.
- I will have a couple of boxes behind a load balancer
Does this sound like a reasonable task for nginx?
What's the typical latency I might expect to see
in a LAN environment, running on linux servers?
Any docs that are especially good to read?
Pixar Animation Studios
More information about the nginx