Problems with upstream

mevans336 nginx-forum at
Wed Apr 21 00:22:12 MSD 2010

I am working on replacing our Kemp Loadbalancers with nginx and so far, things look good except for a minor issue. When a request comes into my server on the HTTP port, our JBoss server uses ACEGI to redirect to The first time this redirection occurs, I'm sent to the URL of my proxy_pass directive.

I am running version 0.7.65 stable on CentOS 5.4. Here is my configuration file:

error_log       /var/log/nginx_error.log;
worker_processes  2;

events {
  worker_connections  4096;

http {
    ssl_session_cache    shared:SSL:10m;
    ssl_session_timeout  10m;

upstream jboss_dev_servers {

server {
    listen               80;
    listen               443 default ssl;
    access_log           /var/log/nginx_access.log;
    keepalive_timeout    70;
    ssl_certificate      dev.crt;
    ssl_certificate_key  dev.key;
    ssl_protocols        SSLv3 TLSv1;